Monday, January 5, 2015

A Sherry Thompson Potpourri: Stories, Bio Snicppets, and Writing Plans: Review of her "Tree House Tales"

NEW SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY REVIEWS
Reviews Of Recently Published Science Fiction And Fantasy Books
Reviewer: Forrest Schultz schultz_forrest@yahoo.com 770-583-3258
January 5, 2015
A Sherry Thompson Potpourri:
Stories, Bio Snippets, and Writing Plans
A Review of
Sherry Thompson Tree House Tales (Scroll Chamber Press, 2014)
228pp $9.95 ISBN: 978-0692348444
Reviewer: Forrest Schultz
      An anthology consisting of (or including) short stories is almost always impossible to review because of the variety. Let me just say that I loved the Indian tale ("The Luckiest Hunter -- Ever") and that I have no space for comment on the others or on the bio snippets. As a reviewer, and great admirer, of Thompson's Narenta tales, I will restrict the rest of my remarks to them.
      Those who are interested in Narenta can read (1) her plans on page 2, which involve revisions of the books covering the first two tumults plus the long awaited book on the third tumult plus a prequel to the tumults plus an interpolated tale betwixt the first and second tumults; and (2). the third section of the anthology titled "Extracts From Five Narentan novels". I look forward to the revision of Seabird so I can read again about Cara Marshall (one of my favorite characters in all of literature) and the revision of Earthbow to read again about how his memory of Cara inspired Harone-The-Awaited. Sherry's Cara has inspired me to create my character Cara Coer, who has appeared in two of my Cyano short stories (Cyanorod-2 and Cyanoring-5).
      For information on Sherry Thompson, your can visit her blog http://scrollchamber.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment